Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rate My Look: Original Skirt Creation

Months ago, I was in Joann Fabrics and I saw this awesome orange print. It just so happened to be in the home decor section, specifically the fabrics made for outdoor furniture upholstery. But I loved it so much, I decided I didn't care what the fabric was intended for and I decided to buy a yard of it to make myself a fabulous skirt. I also bought a zipper and I went home and whipped it up. I paired it with a fabulous chiffon top that I already had and voila! Instant fabulous outfit!


I think I'll be careful not to wear this skirt to any backyard get-togethers. I'd hate to match someone's patio furniture. 

I love the exposed zipper detail and I lucked out that the top is the same shade of grey as the zipper. It' a perfect outfit for work- cool and fun, but still professional-looking. 

I think I'll shop the outdoor upholstery fabric section more often... 
Related Posts with Thumbnails