Monday, April 1, 2013

Rate My Look: New Dress!

As you may or may not remember, I did a little bit of shopping last week and it was a magical trip. Every time I turned around, there was something fabulous in my line of vision. My credit card was smoking by the end of the day.

By far, my favorite purchase of the day came at the end of our trip when we popped into the Armani Exchange store. I'd held true to my "elevate" mantra throughout the day, not even considering items at fast fashion stores, or that I know isn't high enough quality. Armani Exchange was one of the last stores we visited and so many things were right in line with what I'm looking for right now- high quality garments that are well made and unique. That was where I found this dress:


I am completely obsessed with this dress- everything about it is awesome! The fit, the color, the details, the hem- I love it all! Speaking of the hem, you can't tell in this photo, but it's actually a high-low hem. Check it out: 

So cute!

I wore those little glitter booties while I was out shopping and if it weren't for that happy coincidence, I might never have thought to put them with this dress. They work SO well together, though! Things like that kind of make me have an "a-ha!" moment where I resolve to go through my entire closet and try to pair things up that I might not normally put together. 

Anyway, I love this dress so much that I wore it the very next day to work and then again on Easter Sunday. It's a perfect bright Easter dress! I wore different shoes, but other than that, my look was pretty similar. 


I think I may have even worn those shoes last Easter with another bright dress, but I'm not entirely sure. And no, I didn't wear anything on my head. I thought about wearing a fascinator of some kind, but not only did I not have anything quite right, but I think the dress is fabulous enough on its own, especially when paired with those amazing floral heels. 

Today I've got a very busy schedule that I'm excited about. I'll be heading over to a local middle school to speak at their career day event called "World of Work." I'm excited to share the story of my career- how I went from one job to another and all the valuable things I learned along the way. I also have a fun activity planned for the kids if there's enough time at the end of the session. It's a group of 7th graders, so wish me luck- they can be a tough crowd!

After my career day event, I'll be heading to the airport to hop on a plane and go see the Professor! I'm super excited to spend some time with him and the kids. I packed some cute outfits for while I'm down there, and I hope the weather cooperates and I don't end up running to the store for more cold-weather attire. I'll do my best to snap photos while I'm there, of course.

Well, enjoy the rest of your Monday, everyone and as always, thank you for stopping by and reading my blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! And very cute dress!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, Mel! I am super excited! :)

Shannon said...

Love the dress! The color and cut look fabulous on you!

Kathy said...

The dress looked great on you Sunday. Very flattering and shows off your shrinking waistline :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails