Monday, February 25, 2013

My Favorite Oscars Gowns

I admit it... I didn't watch the Oscars last night. I heard Anne Hathaway won for Les Miz- no surprise there, right? Anyway, I admit that I just wasn't that into finding out who won which awards this year. But I was definitely interested in seeing all the red carpet looks. I had quite a few top looks this year, but number 1 head-to-toe look was hands down Jennifer Lawrence:


The gown (Dior Haute Couture), the hair, the make-up, the jewelry (note how she wore the necklace hanging in the back- love it!!!), everything was flawless. She's a superstar and this is a superstar red carpet look. Now when is the next Hunger Games movie?

Number two (and it's a very, very close second) was Anne Hathaway:



Her look was flawless no matter what the angle. Her Prada gown in the most beautiful shade of blush satin was perfection. Her short hair looked precious with the feminine pink dress and the back! Holy cow! Gorgeous! 

Third place is the stunning Reese Witherspoon in royal blue Louis Vuitton: 


Her dress has that super slimming illusion with the black details on the side of the bodice that are just so magical. And I'm in love with the bow on the bust. It's sexy, it's sweet, it's bold, but not over-the-top. I love it all. I even like her hair and make-up which isn't overdone, either. I appreciate a bold color, especially on a blonde.

Other than Helena Bonham Carter, I didn't see too many train wrecks, at least not enough that they would be worth creating a "worst dressed" post. Anyway, I'd love to know who you think rocked it last night and who could have used a make-over. Leave a comment if you like. And as always, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails