Monday, February 18, 2013

Andy's Outfits: The Devil Wears Prada

Last night was cold, snowy and windy, so instead of driving back home, I decided to crash at Juhree's apartment for the night since we both have to be into work bright and early this morning. We immediately changed into comfortable PJ's and settled in on the couch to watch a movie. Despite there being plenty of new movies neither of us has seen available On Demand, we couldn't resist watching an old favorite: The Devil Wears Prada. It's a great movie, with a stellar cast, wonderful performances and dozens of fabulous outfits.

Of course, Anne Hathaway's transformation is the most notable, so why not focus on some of the best outfits she wears in the movie? Here are my top three outfits:

This outfit is one of my favorites from the "Vogue" outfit montage. She has a lot of fabulous outerwear looks in the beginning of it, but this one takes the cake. The gloves, the shoes, the hat, and of course the crisp white overcoat. It's so simple and clean- there's not even a single button to clutter up the look. It's perfection. 

This outfit from one of the final moments in the film is another favorite because it shows the character's true transformation. She may have quit her job in a heated moment in Paris, but the style she picked up while working for "Runway" didn't get left behind. I also love that this is an accessible outfit- something anyone out there can put together easily and inexpensively, and still look polished stylish.

Finally, my all-time favorite outfit from the movie is impossible to find a photo of! I love the whole thing from head to toe, but I could only find a photo of the top half: 

I love everything about this look and I think it may become my personal mission to re-create a version of it for myself. It is actually very classic-looking and not trendy at all. It shows a great sense of style without being too narrow. Looking at this outfit, you would not be able to easily determine what decade the movie was set in. I also love the simplicity of basic black and white. It works SO well.

What are your favorite outfits from The Devil Wears Prada? While Anne Hathaway's character is the central focus, there are loads of fabulous outfits on just about every other character no matter how minor the role. Leave a comment and tell me about your faves. And as always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails