Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shoesday Tuesday: TOMS

I have long hated the look of TOMS. I've always thought they were a little frumpy and plain looking, kind of a grandma shoe, you know? And I hate that I feel that way because for every pair of TOMS purchased, they match the purchase with a donation of a shoe to a child in need. How can I not get behind a company like that? I suppose charity and fashion don't often co-mingle. But then I met a bride over the weekend who had a pair of bridal wedges from TOMS! And they were cute! Suddenly, I started to think that maybe they weren't so bad after all.




They're not the prettiest shoe I've ever seen, but they're also far from hideous. And they are even available in a lovely petal pink as well, not to mention plenty of other non-bridal colors and prints. The price is reasonable, the look is simple and everyone says they're the most comfortable shoes ever. All of that coupled with the amazing charity work they do and I say, "Get 'em!" I could see these shoes at a casual barn wedding or a backyard reception. And while I personally still can't get behind the look of their flats, I think the line of wedges are just adorable! There may even be a pair in my future like these, perhaps: 

Serena Wedges, TOMS, $69

What's your take on TOMS? Do you love them? Hate them? Are you ambivalent like me? Leave a comment- I'd love to know what you think. 


1 comment:

Tim W. said...

Did you know I have another close friend who works for TOMS? Close enough that I even occasionally get free shoes (and sunglassess--TOMS sells sunglasses and gives prescription glasses for every pair purchased, like the shoes)? Well I do.

In fact the TOMS that I was wearing last time I saw you were a pair I received as a gift from my friend. I'm just throwing it out there, because even though I probably can't get you a free pair of shoes, I probably can get you a nice discount if you did want to try out a pair in your future.

Related Posts with Thumbnails