Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Shoesday Tuesday: Perfect Bridal Wedges

At Madeleine's, one of my jobs is to "finish" the bride's overall wedding day look. She'll set up an appointment to pick out accessories and I'll help her create the head-to-toe look, starting with undergarments and shoes and working our way through veils, jewelry, headpieces, purses, everything. It's a blast. And if you remember, my stellar selling hair makes it that much more enjoyable for me lately.

Anyway, one of the tricky parts can be shoes. We carry a decent variety of shoes at Madeleine's, but it's impossible to please everyone. One thing we can't seem to find for our store is the perfect pair of wedges. In New England, tons and tons of brides get married outdoors- golf courses, country clubs, beaches, barn yards, backyards- you name it. It's pretty picturesque here, so it makes sense to make the most of the natural beauty around you for such a special day. Anyway, as you all know, formal shoes and high heels in particular are the WORST when you're outside. Whether it's gravel walkways, cobblestones, grass or sand, there is no faster route to a sprained ankle than high heels outside in New England.

So often a bride will say, "I'm probably going to have to wear wedges." See, the thing is, she wants a pair of dressy shoes, but wedges are typically a very casual shoe. It's a conundrum, for sure. Even at Madeleine's, we only have a handful of options and while I think they're pretty fabulous, they don't cover every style for every bride.

Why the rant about wedges? Well, ladies and gents, I happened to hop on over to Shoe Dazzle a few days ago, just out of curiosity. And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the most fabulous, lovely pair of wedges fit for a bride. They're called "Lucie" and I think they are flawless:


Can I get a little love for finding these precious little darlings? The pale nude color is practically ivory and would look amazing next to just about any bridal gown. And the lace! What better detail could you possibly hope for? The peep toe and delicate ankle strap are so feminine and flattering, too! I kind of want to get married outside just so I can wear these gorgeous wedges! I'm so in love! They do look pretty high, but I've always said that beauty hurts and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

I don't know where else you could find these, other than Shoe Dazzle, but they have dropped their monthly membership price. Plus, you could always join just for these bad boys and then cancel afterwards.

So, what do you think? Am I right about how amazing these wedges are? Did you get married outside? What was your footwear choice? Leave comments, friends! And Happy Shoesday Tuesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh I just stumbled upon this picture and I would love love love to know who designed these shoes? They are perfect!

Unknown said...

What brand are these shoes? I cannot find them anywhere!!!! HELP!

Renée T. Habashy said...

They are from Shoe Dazzle, a monthly shoe service.

Related Posts with Thumbnails