Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rate My Look: Slimming Style

Remember the magical optical illusion Stella McCartney dress that Kate Winslet wore a while ago? I posted a picture on the blog back in December, but here it is again:


See the black bands on the side? Do you see the magical optical illusion that creates such an incredible slimming effect? Outstanding, right? I found a Calvin Klein dress on sale at TJ Maxx not too long ago that has a similar effect. And the best part? It only cost me $23! 


My dress only has a small detail, but the effect is quite similar. Strangely enough, on the same day I wore this dress, my coworker Meghan wore something similar! Check her out: 

Ain't she cute? 

Our dresses are quite different, but they both possess the same magical optical illusion that creates a slightly slimmer silhouette. I believe this may be a brilliant break-through in fashion technology. And if you're looking for a magical dress of your own, here's a few to get your started: 


Remarkably similar to my dress from the holiday party and Jen's wedding, right? 


Have you tried wearing a dress with this type of optical illusion? If not, has this post convinced you that you ought to? I hope so! I'll leave you with one that photo of Meghan and I in all our optical illusion glory! Have a great day and thanks for reading! 

We are such babes. 

3 comments:

Beth said...

You are such babes! I'm coveting that blue dress.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell from the photo whether it has a seamed waist. If you don't wear a belt, is the waist smooth or seamed? Thx!

Renée T. Habashy said...

It DOES have a seam at the waist. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails