Monday, January 7, 2013

Forget Emerald, Mallard is What's Hot

Recently, Pantone announced the "hot colors" for 2013, with Emerald as the standout bold color of the year. It's already everywhere- in fashion, home decor, etc. We've even seen its influences at work in the bridal industry already. While I have no complaints about emerald in general, I have to say that there is a color that is so far beyond it in terms of elegance and overall depth that it just leaves the so-called "color of the year" in the dust. "Where can I find this color?" you ask. I'll tell you.

Amsale designs a line of silk chiffon bridesmaid dresses and they have a new color called "Mallard" that is deeper and richer than any emerald on the market. It took my breath away the first time I saw it on a bridesmaid dress in our store last week. And that's a miracle because it's a well-known fact at work that I hate bridesmaid dresses. Yes, that's right. I hate them. They are boring, miserable dresses that rarely flatter every body type (like all brides claim) and will never be worn again for any reason (contrary to what all brides claim). I hate them.


Despite how much I hate bridesmaid dresses, I would wear anything (even a bridesmaid gown) if only it were in this decadent shade they have named "Mallard." I haven't seen many ducks as pretty as this particular shade of green, but I'm sure they're out there.


It is now my goal to have a dress or a top or something in this color. Mallard is my new obsession. It will be mine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails