Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bridal Style

Last weekend, we were part of a local bridal show in Portsmouth. Those days are always long and hard and remind me of tech week back in my theatre days. We spend the morning "loading in" and then there's the show and then the afternoon is spent "loading out." Remarkably similar to costuming a show in terms of the workload. It's the similarities to costuming that make it fun for me, too, though. I had the pleasure of dressing the models in some scrumptious gowns and accessories from our store. I wish I'd snapped more photos, because both models looked absolutely stunning!

Kathleen (on the left) in Chelsea by Amsale and Sarah in Arabesque by Jenny Packham


That's me lacing Sarah into her gown. 

Kathleen (on the left) in Fiona by Christos and Sarah in Forever by Monique Lhuillier

Our gorgeous models together- Sarah (on the left) and Kathleen. 

One last glimpse of Sarah in Forever by Monique Lhuillier. This was probably my favorite look of the day. It's stunning in its simplicity. And you can't tell from the photo, but the gown is actually the palest blush color which is a hot trend in bridal right now. 

There was supposed to be a third model, but she got sick the night before and had to bail. In the end, we changed up the dresses and accessories to compensate for the missing model. There were two other looks the ladies wore, plus a sampling of bridesmaid dresses. It was so fun picking out their accessories and dressing them on the day. It felt a little nostalgic for me to be doing that again. Putting together a head-to-toe look is always a blast, but when I get to work with gowns by designers like Amsale, Jenny Packham and Monique Lhuillier plus accessories that are also the best in the industry, it's just pure heaven. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails