Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rate My Look: More Pumpkin

That pumpkin color is still so hot, I just had to put together another outfit using it. I remembered this fun top that I bought at Target a couple of years ago. I've worn it on the blog a couple of times (here and here), but it's been over a year since I've incorporated it into an outfit. It was high time I broke it out and used it again!


It's a sleeveless top, so I had to wear a sweater to keep warm. It's a cashmere cardigan I found at Second Time Around on Newbury Street over a year ago. It's been an awesome basic to have in my wardrobe. The black skinnies look sleek, but feel like sweatpants, and this isn't the first (or last) time you've seen these boots from Charlotte Russe. I wore two gold rings to draw out the gold shimmer in the top. One was an adorable bow with sparkly rhinestones all over it. It's not actually mine. It belongs to Ashley, one of my coworkers. She's been at Madeleine's for a little over three months now and she's pretty adorable. She wore this ring (a double ring, so it slides onto two fingers), and I loved it, so I stole it from her. All's fair in love, war and fashion, right? 


Ashley was a good sport about it, at least. She didn't even ask for it back when she left for the night and it wasn't until I got home and undressed later that night that I realized I was STILL wearing it! I did return it to her the next day, but I felt a teeny-tiny bit bad about stealing it for the entire day. 

So, there you have it, another example of the trendy pumpkin color. Take a look through your closet and see what you have from the past that works in a current trend- you never know what gem is shoved in the back of one of your dresser drawers, like this top was! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails