Tuesday, December 25, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS- It's my 1,000th Post!!!



I've mentioned in the last week or so that I was about to hit 1,000 posts here on Style... the New Black and today's the day! I tweeted back in November that I was going to set a goal for myself and the blog. My goal was to hit 1,000 posts and to have 125 followers by the end of 2012. While I am hitting my posting goal, I unfortunately only have three more followers than I did when I announced that endeavor. Despite that, I am still viewing this accomplishment in a positive light. After all, I never set out to do it for the followers, I set out to write this blog for my own creative outlet as well as to put some ideas out there that women (and men, actually) should be stylish and confident in their attire 100% of the time. If I have done anything at all to help even one person, then I am a success.

From the beginning of this blog nearly three and a half years ago, I always intended to be as prolific as possible. My goal was to post as close to once per day (including weekends) as possible. Aside from the break I took for about a year, I was successful in that endeavor as well. In terms of the content and frequency of posts, I feel great. The hardest thing about writing this blog has been feedback. One or two comments at most, typically from friends and family are of course encouraging and I love the support. But it can be hard to constantly put my ideas and words out there only to have the internet equivalent of crickets chirping as my response.

So, of my current 102 "followers" and everyone else who reads but doesn't necessarily subscribe, now is the time for you to speak up. Now is the time to tell me what you love, what you hate, what you want to see more of, what you want to see less of, just what you want to see in general!

Maybe you don't know what you do or don't want to see. Well, then how about a little feedback on what I've done. There's certainly enough on here for you to have an opinion about it. No news is usually good news, I know, but after almost four years doing this, I am starting to think that little to no comments means that you are all apathetic at best when it comes to this blog.

I'm not trying to be a downer at all- just genuinely trying to understand what my readers think! Since I've hit my posting goal, I'm going to take a well-deserved break from now until the new year. I don't know how frequently I'll be posting in the future, but I hope to keep it up to at least a few posts per week.

In the meantime, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope it's a stylish one!

3 comments:

Beth said...

CONGRATULATIONS! 1000 stylish posts. I love your thoughtful responses to questions, comments, and requests for posts on particular topics. I also love the photos of real people in stylish outfits—shows that you don't have to have tremendous cash and sartorial resources to look stylish and sophisticated every day.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks for the feedback, Beth! It is appreciated more than you know! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

jaket kulit
jaket kulit
jaket kulit
jaket kulit
jaket kulit

Related Posts with Thumbnails