Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beauty Product Review: Sephora Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover

I've been getting more and more into make-up and beauty products over the last year or so, particularly eye make-up. One of my favorite things to do as part of my morning routine is my eye make-up. I tend to stick with fairly neutral palettes, but sometimes I get a little crazy. I've tried about a million different mascaras and eye liners over the last year, not to mention all the different shadow and primer options. It's a fun way to start the day and since I've always thought my eyes were my best feature, it's fun to highlight them each day.

I've never been great about make-up removal and I'm notoriously bad when it comes to washing my face at night. I just don't do it. There, I said it. I just don't. I sleep in my make-up 90% of the time. It's shameful, I know, but it's the truth. Lately, I've been using more waterproof eye make-up products including Stila's Smudge Pot and Urban Decay's liquid liner. I've also tried a few waterproof mascaras. I used to depend on my morning shower to get my face nice and clean for the day, but with all those waterproof products, I was having trouble getting all that make-up completely off.

I was given a couple of sample bottles of eye make-up remover from a friend and decided to try them out. The first was by Clinique:

Sephora, $18

Let's just say I was NOT a fan. It claims to be a "sting-free" formula. Lies. It not only stung, it didn't really work all that well. I was left with clumps of mascara and eye liner all over my eye. Gross. I still have 90% of the bottle remaining. I'm glad it was a gift. 

Next, I tried the Lancome BI-FACIL remover. This was a much better experience. 

Sephora, $27

This product activates when you shake it up. The ingredients separate, much like oil and water would and in order to be effective, you need to shake them together. This product works like a dream and easily and effectively removes all traces of even the toughest water-proof eye make-up. I used the entire bottle up in about 2 weeks time- about 2 ounces of remover. I hopped online to replenish my supply and was horrified at the price. $27 for a mere 4.2 ounces! I guess you get what you pay for, but at that rate, I would be spending between $30 and $60 per month to take off my eye make-up! Arrgh!!!

I decided to shop around. That is when I discovered Sephora's own version of the Lancome remover. For the same amount of product, I only spent $9.50! 

Sephora, $9.50

Much like the Lancome, this product has to be shaken in order for it to be effective. A few drops on a cotton ball are all I need to completely remove my eye make-up. It's a much more affordable option, and it is also available in a smaller version which is great for travel. (I do NOT want the TSA confiscating my beauty products because they are 1.2 ounces over the legal limit.) It does the job, quickly and cleanly and I highly recommend it. It's also safe for contact-lens-wearers (like me). Bonus! 

What is your go-to make-up remover? What do you love about it? Leave a comment and tell me! 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails