Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday: New Shoes at Work and an Update on My Busy Life

Where have I been?!?!?!? I have been a blogging slacker lately and I'm sorry about that! The month of November was particularly crazy for me. I did a lot of traveling-mostly short trips for a couple of days at a time, but by the end of the month, I was ready to stop living out of a suitcase. I feel like I spent a small fortune on travel-size toiletries, too.

I started off the month with a quick trip down to North Carolina which was pretty adventurous for me because I went down there to meet a gentleman I'd been talking to on match.com. I won't go into the details now, but let's just say that my friends have been asking, "When are you going to do a blog post called 'How to Dress for a Skype Date'?"

The week after that was Beth's wedding, and you've all read a little about that. I had more fun at that wedding than I ever thought possible. I enjoy weddings- the food, the friends, the dancing- but there was definitely something special about that wedding in particular. It was an awesome time with wonderful friends and some really great fashions, too.

The following week, I went with some co-workers down to Providence, RI to visit a friend performing in the touring stage production of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It was a wonderful show and a really fun trip. It rained while we were there, but our moods were sunny the whole time. I purchased a pair of adorable flat oxfords while I was there, too!

The week after that was consumed by prepping and cooking for Thanksgiving- we had a small family gathering with enough food for an army. On Black Friday, Madeleine's Daughter held our annual sample sale and it was record-setting! So many brides came in looking for a bargain and they got it! Dresses were marked up to 80% off and it was exciting to see the smiles on the faces of the brides who found amazing dresses at even more amazing prices.

Finally, I finished off the month with a quick trip down to Lancaster, PA to visit some friends from my old job at AMT. I saw a matinee performance of their current Christmas show and also spent a lot of time catching up with cast, band and crew. I hadn't seen most of those people in over a year, so we had a LOT of catching up to do. I loved hearing about what's been going in their lives and of course I loved talking about what's happening in mine. Between my job that I love and my new budding match.com romance, there was a lot to share.

Now we're into December and I can hardly believe it! I feel as though I didn't really work at all last month and this month is so full of holiday parties that I can't imagine how I'll stay focused at work! First up is our company Holiday party this Friday. It's a secret what we're doing, but we've all been told to dress up. I plan to recycle an old stand-by- my red dress. It's a great dress, so why not wear it at every opportunity, right? The very next day is a holiday party hosted by my coworker Brandie. I plan to wear a dress that I also wore  on my trip to North Carolina. I promise I'll take a photo to share it with you. It will forever be known as "the date dress" but that's a story for another time. The following weekend, my other coworker Sadie is hosting her annual "Yule Ball" and I've got an awesome outfit picked out for that party. I'm excited to show it to all of you. The only thing I haven't figured out is the shoes, but I've got some time. After that, there's a bit of a breather and I'll get to just enjoy the next couple of weeks leading up to Christmas and the New Year. However, my New Year's plans just changed last night. Originally, I had planned to go to a party that my other coworker Juhree is hosting. I even bought a fabulous dress and super sparkly cardigan that I was SO excited to wear. But then I was surprised with the offer to take New Year's Eve off of work, so I took it. After a little research, I was able to book a flight down to North Carolina, so I'll be ringing in the New Year in a more intimate setting.

Phew! That's a lot of news to share, but I had to get it all out in one shot! I hope you'll forgive me for being such a blogging slacker these last couple of weeks. I'll try to be better! I promise.

In the meantime, check out these amazing shoes we're going to be carrying at Madeleine's very soon:




Are they spectacular or what? I can't wait to try them on! Speaking of work, you may have noticed I've been blogging over at the Madeleine's Daughter blog pretty regularly. So, technically, I haven't been a complete blogging slacker. Check out those posts when you have a minute and follow that blog, too! 

Have a great Shoesday Tuesday, everyone! 



2 comments:

Women's gray leather jackets said...

This heels looks great but how you ever check the Black Wedge Open Toe Shoes and the best Peep Toe High Heels Shoes at cwmalls? If you did, you will love it in a seconds!

Unknown said...

Nice shoe collection. I like this shoe. I am regularly using this types of Shoes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails