Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finally- the Wedding Outfit!

This past weekend was one of the most fun, exciting, beautiful weekends I have had in a long time. My BFF Beth got married! Other than one glitch involving cookies homemade by the groom's mother (more on that another time), everything went perfectly. From setting up the venue, to the rehearsal dinner to seeing friends and family to the actual wedding and of course all our outfits- everything was spectacular. What I loved so much about this wedding was that it was 100% what the bride and groom had envisioned. From start to finish, you could feel the personalities of the couple, their friends and their family members infused within the event. My personal favorite was the chuppa we helped to construct and erect. My contribution involved helping to drape the fabric canopy and although it was my first chuppa, I have to say it was pretty stellar.

I don't have time right this minute to write a blog post about everything, but I wanted to show all of you my bridesmaid outfit for the wedding. Up until this point, all you've seen are the shoes, but I was so happy with my entire "look" and I really do plan to wear this dress again!


The picture's a little grainy- the lighting wasn't amazing in that room and I had to use the camera on my phone. Not ideal, but you can definitely get a sense of the overall look. The dress was purchased at Ann Taylor months ago. The coolest thing about it is the exposed zipper on the side. It just adds the slightest edge to an otherwise sweet, simple dress. In addition to the zipper, there is a raw edge to the fabric at the waistline that doesn't look unfinished, as you might expect. It's more of a cool detail that you have to almost know about in order to notice it. The shoes are epic. And excruciating, but whoever said beauty doesn't hurt was lying. The bracelet is my oh-so-fabulous Audrey Cluster Bracelet from Stella and Dot

Love it!

My fascinator brooch was purchased on Etsy from an amazing little shop called Takka Petit. The prices can't be beat and the quality is great. Between Beth, her sister Amy and I, we each had a fabulous "flower" of some sort as part of our looks. Beth's was part of her dress, Amy wore hers in her hair and mine was versatile- I mostly wore it on my dress, but at one point, I clipped it in my hair. I'm looking forward to wearing it again soon! 
Purple Feather Fascinator, Takka Petit (Etsy), $16.50

Just because I love them so much, let's have another look at my shoes: 
CJ by Charles Jourdain via Off Broadway Shoes

The only other accessory I had was a glittery champagne clutch that I actually purchased at work: 

What I loved about my outfit was that everything coordinated with the colors of the wedding. The shades of purple that I wore (dress, fascinator) were used in the flowers and the centerpiece designs. Every other accessory fell into the champagne family, which perfectly complimented the bride. And even though my bracelet, bag and shoes were all technically "neutrals," they were each very special pieces. In fact, there wasn't much about them that was neutral aside from the color. 

So there you have it: my bridesmaid look. Please feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think. I'm sure at some point I'll see the photos from the actual wedding photographer, so you'll have that to look forward to as well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone! 

1 comment:

Adele said...

You looked amazing!! And so did Beth and Amy! You all did a great job with your outfits and accessories. I agree that it embodied them as a couple perfectly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails