Friday, September 30, 2011

She's Tricky

When I first moved back to NH, I met an incredible, adorable, super sweet girl named Heidi. Our mutual friend Kate had told me that Heidi would want me to make her a wedding dress someday. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to take that plunge- simple, casual dresses seem to be my forte. But since she was a "fan," I figured I ought to make her one of my dresses. I found a fabulous vibrant purple fabric and put one together with her measurements. When she arrived at my house for a fitting, she surprised me by sharing some amazing news- that she and her boyfriend were now engaged and planning a simple, private ceremony. And (drumroll, please) she planned to wear the purple dress I'd made for her. Suddenly, I found myself unexpectedly creating a wedding dress. Isn't she tricky?

 We chatted that day about accessorizing the purple dress to make it more bridal. We decided to add a white petticoat and bridal accessories made using her mother's veil. In the end, the look was absolutely perfect for their special day. Our other mutual friend Lara was there to photograph the day and she got some amazing shots of the couple (and the dress). 

I feel so honored to have been a part of their day and I couldn't be happier with Heidi's dress and accessories. But mostly I'm happy that they made her so happy! Congrats and best wishes, Heidi and Marc!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous couple, gorgeous dress... I love how it looks bridal and yet unique.

Beth said...

Beautiful dress on a lovely, lovely bride. That color is to die.

Related Posts with Thumbnails