Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm Addicted to Fascinators!

As you all know, my BFF Beth is getting married this fall. She's just about the best bride ever, especially since she is letting her sister Amy and I wear pretty much whatever we want as her "best maids." We don't have to match and both of us ended up buying dresses we'll actually wear again. Hallelujah for that! Since we don't match, we all thought it would be a good idea to have some type of unifying accessory or something. We agreed on a feather fascinator and I have to say, I'm super excited to wear mine. When I found it on Etsy, I emailed the link to Beth and told her that even if she veto-ed it for the wedding, I would purchase it anyway because I need it in my life. Fortunately, being the world's greatest bride, she did not veto it and I get to wear it in November! Hurray! I already broke my rule and showed all of you my shoes for the wedding, so I'm not going to do that again. You will have to wait until after her wedding to see the look I've put together. However, to hold you over until then, I'd like to show you another fascinator that I got while out shopping with Beth a couple of weekends ago. It's black and pretty huge and I love it:



I wore it to church with my grey dress, Autumn Kiss brooch and black and white spectator heels. It was a fun look. I've always wanted to be the kind of person who could pull off a fashion hat, especially at church. I think I'm gradually getting there, but for now I'll stick to the fascinators. They're bold and fun, and they hint at the idea of a hat. Maybe I should move to the south- doesn't everyone wear a hat to church south of the Mason Dixon line? 

Wondering where I got my cool headpiece? Salmagundi in Jamaica Plain. It's only the coolest store around. So what do you think of my fascinator? Love it or hate it, I want to hear what you think, so leave a comment! 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Gorgeous! I lvoe it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails