Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Help

I just finished read The Help by Kathryn Stockett and now I am desperate to see the movie. If you read one book this year, let it be The Help.You will not regret it. I laughed and cried in the first 30 pages and as soon as I was done, I wanted to flip right back to the beginning and read it all over again.

I really hope the movie has done the book justice- I hate when I love a book so much and then the movie lets me down. I suppose I just have to go into it knowing they're going to make changes and that I should just accept the changes and enjoy the film. And if it's really bad? I'll just focus on the fashion. I've looked at some of the production photos and it looks like it's going to be a movie full of beautiful, colorful 1960's attire complete with hats and gloves and kitten heels galore! Just these few photos have me drooling:





I love just about everything about the clothing from that era- the silhouettes, the colors, the prints, the accessories- oh my gosh, the accessories! 

Couture Allure is my absolute favorite vintage site for that kind of fashion inspiration. I die for the "eye candy" that is posted there on a weekly basis. One of these days, there's going to be a dress on there that is my size and my style and I'm going to snatch it up so fast, the internet's not going to know what hit it! Something like this dress ought to do just fine: 






Where do you go when you want to see some amazing vintage clothing and accessories? Leave a comment and tell me your favorite places! Is it a tiny hole-in-the-wall shop in your town? Or do you have a favorite online vintage boutique? What about your grandparents' attics? I want to hear about it! 









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poppy seed Studio in Somersworth, they have a small room out back with vintage dresses, shoes, purses etc. fabolous stuff

Renée T. Habashy said...

I've never been there- I'll have to check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails