Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday- Open Your Eyes

I love shopping online- sitting on the couch in my PJ's, surfing through Piperlime, Zappos, Endless, and lots of other sites is so fun for me. I fall in love with lots of shoes that way. And so many of those sites offer a great interface for viewing every angle of the shoe. It's as good as it can get without actually handling the shoes. But that's the thing- it will never be AS good as actually handling the shoes. A photograph, even several photographs, will never capture the essence of a lot of shoes- how the light hits them, how the details stand out on my foot, how the leather feels against my skin, etc. I saw this pair of shoes on my boss the other day and fell in love with them:

I-Dreemy by Steve Madden, Piperlime, $100

In the photo, I find them to be unremarkable. In real life? They are amazing. So, while you may enjoy shopping online, remember it's not always the best method. And also remember, you don't have to be in a store to be shopping for the next great item in your wardrobe- look around, open your eyes to the fashions of your coworkers, family, friends, even strangers on the street. Take the minute it takes to ask them about where they got the item you're coveting. Many times I find myself doing that, and in addition to getting a great shopping tip, I end up chatting with that person and either making a new friend, or getting closer to an acquaintance. Bonus! Let your fashions bring you closer to others- we'll all benefit in the long run, not just our closets! 

Has a shoe or any other wardrobe piece brought you closer to another person? Tweet about it and use the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday so I can find it. Have a great day, everyone! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails