Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rate My Look- Winning Combination

I realized after browsing through my recent photos that I basically wore the exact same outfit three times this past week. In every outfit, I'd paired one of my pencil skirts with a long-sleeve turtleneck or cowl neck top. The accessories varied (more on that later), but the silhouette and pieces combined to create that silhouette were all very similar.

It all started on Sunday:

Skirt: Ann Taylor
Cowl Neck Top: Fair Indigo
Sweater & Boots: Marshalls
Earrings: H & M
Brooch: Vintage

The next day- Monday- was a LOT colder, so I took out the cashmere: 

Sweater: Christmas gift
Skirt: Marshalls
Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: DSW

Forgive the wrinkles in my skirt- I snapped this photo AFTER driving 45 minutes to work, so my skirt wasn't looking its best like it did in this post. Finally, I put together this look on Tuesday: 

Sweater: TJ Maxx
Skirt: Daffy's
Shoes: DSW
Necklace: DIY

Tuesday's version of this look is definitely my favorite. The skirt is super cute and I love the combination of the olive fabric and the purple jewelry. Something about those two colors just makes me smile. And if you like my necklace in Tuesday's outfit and want to know more about it, check back tomorrow- I'll tell you all about it! 

But back to the clothes- sometimes you have to step back and take a look at the pieces in your closet with a fresh perspective. Think about different combinations of clothing and accessories- you'll feel like you have a whole new wardrobe! 

Leave a comment and tell me what you think about my outfit creations! 

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I LOVE the skirts in your second and third pictures! I am always on the lookout for pencil skirts that have a "wow factor" to them to differentiate from a normal pencil skirt. The olive green + purple combo = awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails