Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Christmas in April!

As you all know I've recently joined the ranks of Stella and Dot stylists and as a result I've got a TON of amazing jewelry whizzing my way. I was hoping to have a package waiting for me when I got home from work tonight, but alas, my jewelry has not yet arrived. However, there was a box from Spiegel waiting at my door and I ripped it open the second I walked in the door. What was in it? Well, you may remember I pre-ordered one of Christian Siriano's designs from his exclusive line for Spiegel. I ordered it nearly two months ago, but I didn't tell you exactly which piece I got.



There were a few pieces that I really liked, but one stuck out more than any other and even though Christian has said this is an "evening wear" line, I thought it would be a great dress for work as well as a night out. As soon as I opened the box and saw the fabulous fabric, I simply HAD to put it on. And even though it was faintly sprinkling outside, I simply HAD to run outside and snap a photo to show all of you:

How fabulous is this dress? This silhouette is incredibly flattering- the slim skirt, defined waist, and cowl neck would work on literally any body type. The flutter sleeves and ruffle down the front of the skirt add a touch of gentle femininity, keeping the overall effect soft. With that much animal print, it could be easy to look a little too va-va-voom, but with the ruffle and flutter sleeves, the whole look is softened. The dress is made with a super light-weight fabric with a lot of stretch to it, making it super comfortable. It looks great with flats for work (like my brown suede boots pictured above), but it will look even more amazing with a pair of killer heels for a night out with friends or even a date! And as you can see (also from the picture above), it looks great with my new Audrey Cluster Bracelet from Stella and Dot! I'm looking forward to styling it with some of  the new jewelry coming from S&D, too! 

I wish I'd saved a photo from the website so you could see the details in the dress a little better, because the entire line is sold out and no longer available. I'm glad I snatched this dress up when I could! 

And I still have more packages from Stella and Dot to look forward to this week- it's like Christmas in April! 

Check back soon to see the other deliveries I'll be getting this week!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

That dress is such a good fit on you! Typically I am not much for animal print except for in small doses but it really *works* here!

Maria said...

Wow, you saw something in that dress that I did not, and you reap the rewards! It looks fab on you!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks so much, ladies! I really appreciate your kind words! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails