Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Career Day

Guys- I have a confession to make. It's Career Day at my friend's school where she is a science teacher. I've been asked to come and speak to the kids about my "career." I have to admit- I'm nervous. I've got a whole speech written, but these are 8th graders we're talking about! I might find my career story to be a riveting tale of roller coaster-esque ups, downs, twists and turns, but will the kiddos care? Will I be entertaining enough for them to behave for the ENTIRE 30 minute session? I have no visual aids. (Aside from the adorable outfit I plan to put together in the morning.) I should have put together a power point presentation or something. Also, I'm woefully out of touch with this generation. What do they like? When I talk about Oprah Winfrey, will they know who that is? These are the Beiber-fever kids, right? I don't know a single Justin Beiber song. I did see that episode of CSI he was on, but that doesn't really have anything to do with my career.

Well, wish me luck. I am certain I'll need it. In my head, I'm like one of those inspirational TED motivational speakers. In reality, not so much. I'll be back to post a picture of an outfit or two a little later on in the week. I would post the outfit I'm wearing today, but I haven't put it together yet. So much for inspirational.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails