Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday: Sandals for Work

Ever since stocking up on summertime cardigans, I've decided the only thing my work wardrobe is lacking is some professional, but chic sandals for the warm spring and summer months ahead. You already know that I live my life in dresses, especially in the summer, and I really like dresses in bold prints. I think the best solution for me will be basic sandals in nude tones or neutrals. I can't spend the entire day in heels like I used to at my old job, but I'm not happy in flats every day, either. I've discovered that a 1-2 inch wedge is still comfortable enough for a long day at work, but they give me just enough added height that I feel better than I do in flats. That being said, these are the best sandal options I've been able to find:








Jessica Simpson Guru Sandals, Nordstrom, $74.95

Adrienne Vittadini Vivian, Piperlime, $59.00

I have to admit, I'm a smidge bored by this whole search, but in the end I'll likely appreciate the effort when it's easy to get dressed in the morning. Here's how it will go: brightly printed sun dress + nude sandal + cropped cardigan + an accessory or two = a fabulous and easy work outfit for spring/summer. Given the large assortment of cardigans, dresses and accessories already in my closet, I don't think I'll end up in a rut. But time will tell... 

In the meantime, since it's Shoesday Tuesday, tweet away! Tell me what shoes you're looking forward to wearing this summer. And don't forget the hashtag: #ShoesdayTuesday


1 comment:

my healthy twist said...

I love these nude sandals! The first one is my favorite. I'm looking forward to wearing brights as well, like pink, yellow, orange, etc...XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails