Friday, March 18, 2011

I Need More Jenny Packham In My Life

One of the most obvious perks of my new job is the fact that I get to see and touch some incredibly beautiful, often over-the-top-gorgeous gowns on a daily basis. Designs by Monique L'Huillier, Kenneth Pool, Sassi Holford and others are hanging amongst the collection of samples at Madeleine's Daughter. But it doesn't end there. Just about every month for the first half of the year, the shop hosts a trunk show with a different bridal gown designer. This month is Jenny Packham. You may think you're not familiar with her work, but the truth is that her designs adorn many a red carpet celebrity including:

Miley Cyrus

Sandra Bullock

Eva Longoria Parker

Ashley Tisdale

Jayma Mays

Jenny Packham's designs are ultra-feminine and stunningly beautiful, but what these pictures can never convey is the quality of the materials used. I've touched some of these gowns and I can say first hand that they are light as air and silky soft. My favorites are the ones that channel that "old Hollywood" vibe and not in a cliche sense, but in a truly timeless, elegant, stunning way. Slinky silk charmueses, ethereal chiffons and beadwork that sparkles like the top of the Chrysler building are each signature elements of these designs and it's so exciting to see them up close and in person. Pictures, even runway videos will never do them justice. But even so, I still encourage you to click on over to the official Jenny Packham site and view not only the bridal collections, but the ready-to-wear as well. 

And if you're wondering which gown that is currently in our shop is my favorite? It's this one: 

"Ceres"

3 comments:

my healthy twist said...

Sounds like you found an AMAZING job, I'm so happy for you! And these Jenny Packham gowns are truly beautiful, I always see celebrities wearing her dresses in photos! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Feel What's Real said...

i am so jealous of seeing such dresses..

kisses,Marilena

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the brain storms. It has been fun to let it all hang out. This was a no-holds-barred mental jamboree that will be missed.
Wedding Dresses

Related Posts with Thumbnails