Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Story of the Most Perfect Pencil Skirt

Once upon a time there was a pretty girl who thought that due to her less than flat lower midsection and rather rotund thighs and booty, she would never look good in a pencil skirt. This made her sad, as pencil skirts- when done correctly- are a rather fabulous look. Her fabulous (and also pretty) friend argued that all she needed to do was find the RIGHT pencil skirt. The girl search high and low and spent many frustrating hours scowling back at herself in dressing room mirrors. No matter how much she searched, nothing looked good. Then one day, while shopping with another fabulous (and also pretty) friend, she came upon the Most Perfect Pencil Skirt. Not only did it look amazing, but it had the most interesting sculptural detail in the front. And the price was one she couldn't beat. At only $19.99, it was quite a fabulous bargain. She bought the skirt and used it in her wardrobe frequently, pairing it with lacy, feminine tops, or fitted, sleek sweaters, and of course beautiful high heels. Because her job required her to be on her feet for much of the day, high heels were not always suitable. Fortunately, the Most Perfect Pencil Skirt looked flattering with flats as well!

The moral of the story is this: NEVER give up on the Most Perfect Pencil Skirt. Much like a boyfriend or a really delicious cupcake, things like that will present themselves when you least expect them. And when they do, you better act fast!


The End.

Actually, this pencil skirt story is FAR from over. I see many more chapters in its future- some with bright floral tops, others with mary-jane-style heels, all with great style. And as for the wrinkles, well, you all know that I have a 45 minute commute, so every skirt I wear ends up wrinkled by the time I arrive. Fortunately, the iron is frequently warmed up by the time I arrive and a quick pass with it usually gets rid of the wrinkles. Unfortunately, I take my photos after I've driven to work and before I've had a chance to press my skirt. Use your imagination to picture it without the wrinkles. You can do it, I know you can. 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great skirt, very pretty girl. :)

Beth said...

Yes, amazing pencil skirt. I'm trying not to be jealous, but it's tough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails