Friday, November 19, 2010

Yes, I am a NERD. Deal with it.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 opened at midnight last night and I am absolutely DYING to see it. Tonight after work, I'll be heading to the cinema for a viewing and I'm sure it won't be the only time I see it. I have loved the story of Harry Potter for quite a while- I remember reading the books as they came out. When the seventh book was released, I had the day off work. I picked up my copy first thing in the morning and literally spent the entire day reading it. I finished it in about ten hours (stopping for meals and bathroom breaks, of course), and immediately flipped back to the beginning and read it again, this time a little more slowly. I think that J.K. Rowling is an absolute GENIUS. The movies have been pretty good, for the most part, although Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was disappointing to me as a film. It is one of the most exciting books in the entire series, with amazing scenes from Voldemort's past. The film, on the other hand, was boring and extremely slow-moving. I was very disappointed in it. Based on the trailers for the final two movies, I think I will be anything but bored. In honor of the film, here are some outfits inspired by the three main characters: Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. Enjoy!




Hermione's daily style is pretty understated. Much like her personality, her clothes are practical and logical. In the winter, she keeps warm in fitted but interesting sweaters and basic corduroy pants. Although her taste is simple, it doesn't lack style and there is always something interesting about the choices in her clothing. She rarely sports any jewelry or accessories, aside from a time turner, of course.




Ron's style is hardly that- his clothes are likely all second hand, or in the case of his sweaters, knit by his mother for him. His clothes tend to be ill-fitting, likely due to the fact that they are hand-me-downs from his (many) older brothers. They also tend to be in fairly poor taste, not really sure why that is.




Harry, in the books, is often described as wearing ill-fitting clothing that has been passed down from his cousin Dudley. In the films, this isn't the case at all. Harry's clothes fit well and look far from worn. His look is decidedly more athletic than Ron's, but still casual and comfortable.

Even though we've watched them grown up into adults, I'll still always remember the three of them as they were in the first movie.

Ron with his chipmunk cheeks:



Hermione's ridiculous bushy hair:



And Harry's wide-eyed innocence:


Thanks for the memories, kids- it's been a great ride! 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails