Monday, October 11, 2010

Not much changed in a year...

I noticed another blogger I follow, Natalya, has been posting "What I wore on this day a year ago" type of posts and I love it. It's neat to see where you were a year ago and blogging is a really fun and easy way to document it. I decided to see what I was up to on my blog a year ago and it kind of cracked me up. Apparently, I didn't post on October 11th, but on the 10th, I wrote about my pursuit for the perfect green handbag. You can see the original post here.

I had to laugh at myself because I NEVER found or should I say, I NEVER bought that perfect green bag! I suppose green is more of a spring-time color, and October might not be the best time to be looking for a great green bag. I wonder what this means for me- am I not meant to find the green bag? Am I too picky with the green bags I've encountered? Or too cheap? After all, there was that perfect green Coach bag I found right before I moved to New Hampshire, but I wasn't willing to drop $100 for a bag right after quitting my job. I suppose I could justify it now, but that bag was in PA, and now I'm in NH. Plus, it might not even be available anymore. Maybe I just need to look a little longer and a little harder and the perfect green bag- function, style, price- will eventually come into my life.

I made a fabulous grey dress yesterday and I think a bright kelly green bag would look great against it- a wonderful "bridal professional" look. The fact that I've been SO close to the perfect green bag encourages me to keep looking. After all, I found the perfect yellow bag- function, style and price- so who's to say the perfect green bag isn't out there somewhere?

Now that I've found a great job, I regret not purchasing the green Coach bag. I sort of wish I could go back in time and do it all over again. Unfortunately, I also never found a time machine, so that's out of the question.

While I find it funny that my handbag pursuit hasn't changed in a year, there's quite a lot that has. I've made a major geographical move and of course, there's the rather large shift in my career path I just took. In addition to the new job, I plan to continue this blog as well as my personal style consulting. At this time last year, I was hitting the milestone of 100 posts on the blog. Now, I've published over 500 posts! I would like to have some similar milestones for the style consulting, and once I hit them, I'll be sure to write about it. My future feels bright and full of possibilities and opportunities- and maybe, just maybe, the perfect green handbag.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails