Friday, September 17, 2010

Project Runway: Season 8, Episode 8

I know I said I wasn't going to be blogging between now and after my move, but I couldn't resist blogging about Project Runway!

WIN: Mondo
AUF'd: Michael D.

What a fun challenge! I still stand by my opinion that whenever there is a true icon involved with the challenge, that the designers tend to implode a little bit from all the pressure. I completely agree with the judges that Mondo was the clear winner. It seemed as though no on else had an entire look that the judges loved. I absolutely love how easy it was to see Jackie Kennedy in Mondo's look, while at the same time seeing just as much Mondo in it. His fabric and print choices were spot on.

I'm not sure what's up with this awkward photo- did Lifetime not want us to see the jacket? Or did they love the purple lining so much, that's all they wanted us to see? Anyway, I'm really happy for Mondo and I think he is truly deserving of this win.

As for Michael, I somewhat agree with the judges. I would have been fine seeing either Michael or Andy go home for their designs. Andy's look was truly fitting with his design esthetic, but it had absolutely nothing to do with Jackie O. And Michael's design was just weird:


Aside from the designs of the episode, I just have to comment on Gretchen. Is anyone else just completely OVER her? I find that every week I have fewer good things to say about her. For a while, I found myself thinking, "Well, at least she's a good designer." But the more I see of her, the less that matters. I hope I'm wrong about her and that she's just being edited into such a villian.

And finally, I just thought I'd let you all know that there are TEN P.R. runway shows from fashion week that you can view here. The remaining designers all get to show at fashion week to avoid spoilers, but we won't know for a few more weeks which ones were decoys and which ones were the true finalists. I am trying to avoid looking at them because I don't want to spoil the surprise. Also, I like to see and hear the inspiration and process- it always helps me appreciate the looks that much more.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails