Friday, June 4, 2010

Reese's Style for Under $100

I love Reese Witherspoon. I have not seen a movie of hers that I didn't enjoy, or at least her performance. I loved Legally Blonde, Sweet Home Alabama, Pleasantville and Election, but I thought she was especially good in Walk the Line. She is also one of those celebrities who nearly always manages to look great- on the red carpet and off. Two of my favorite looks of hers:




And here are those same looks for under $100 each- just for you. Yes, you can leave a comment to thank me.
Stretch Tank, Old Navy, $10
Print Skirt, JC Penney, $19.99
Cross-Body Bag, Nine West, $29.99
Oversize Sunglasses, Sunglass Shack, $17.99
Total: $85.98

For this outfit, I chose to focus on the shape of the pieces and the overall color scheme. The navy scoop-neck tank is pretty spot-on, (in my opinion) and while the skirt is not the same type of print, the silhouette is still flowy and breezy, like Reese's. For the bag, I chose to depart from Reese's white color choice because of how much white is in the skirt in my set. Unfortunately I couldn't find one with brown detailing like hers (which helps off-set the white), so I chose to go with a metallic instead. White would have been too matchy-matchy for my set. Finally, the oversize sunglasses finish off the look and there's enough left in our $100 budget for an inexpensive pair of flip flops or ballet flats. Next!

Organic Tee, Fair Indigo, $15.50
Skinny Ankle Jean, NY & Co, $14.95
Oversize Sunglasses, Forever 21, $5.80
Slingback Flat, Payless, $17.99
Large Hobo Bag, Target, $24.99
Total: $81.23

This look was deceptively difficult to recreate for under $100 because it is actually a LOT of pieces. At first glance, it's a charcoal grey top and a pair of white skinny jeans, but when you look a little closer, there's a necklace, a large handbag, sunglasses and shoes. There's also an iPhone, but I didn't count that towards the fashions. It would have put me WAY over budget!

Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love this post! I love Reese, I love the sophisticated-yet-simple ensems you chose– it's great. And now I totally want to find a JC Penney to buy that printed skirt. Do you think that's the kind of skirt that could work on any body type?

Renée T. Habashy said...

Beth- I do think that skirt is flattering for any body-type because it's gathered without being too full and it's pretty short, so even someone who is petite or not exactly blessed with super-long gams won't be overwhelmed in it. As I've said before, it's all about proportion and this skirt will work on just about anyone for that reason.

Related Posts with Thumbnails