Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rate My Look- I'm Back to Blogging!

Once again I'd like to apologize for my lack of posting this past week. The show took a lot out of all of us- as most shows do. Sometimes when I'm heading into tech week, I'll write a bunch of posts ahead of time and publish them throughout the week, but my schedule leading up to this show was pretty hectic and I just didn't have time to get several posts ready.

Anyway, during the week I ended up at the Burlington Coat Factory near where I live (I can literally walk there) and saw it had not only been recently renovated, but there were about a million new sundresses for me to check out. I tried a few on- they were all in the $20-$30 range- but in the end, I decided on this lovely lace and crochet dress for $19.99 (plus tax):

I barely got this photo done in time. I'm sure you can see it's a little grainy, and I look really shiny in it, not to mention the dark background. It was twilight when I started taking pictures, racing the sun as it set. As you can see, I lost that race! Also, there were hundreds of fire flies all over the place while I was taking pictures, but I guess they are all camera shy because none of them showed up in any of the photos I took. My flash could have washed them out, too. Side note: did you know that fire flies (lightning bugs) light up to attract a mate? I wonder if that would make dating harder or easier- having a light-up booty that tells the world you're single and looking...

Anyway, I absolutely adore this dress- it's pretty, feminine, flattering, comfortable and stylish. The lace is so light and delicate and it literally just floats around my body. The crochet detail at the neckline helps keep it a little more modest without it feeling uptight. Also, crochet is very trendy right now and a lot of pieces have crochet incorporated in a youthful, fresh way, not at all like antique table cloths. I kept the accessories simple in an effort to let the dress be the star of the outfit, or rather, me in the dress. I love wearing striking clothing, and I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who do as well. It's important for us outlandish dressers to always be sure the fit and proportion are right in order to keep the clothes from wearng us. As YSL said, what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. Anyway, I paired the lace dress with turquoise chandelier earrings and a pair of floral wedges I bought at Target for $5 last year. Gotta love a bargain! Here's a close-up of these beauties:


How fun are they? They actually remind me of the new diffusion line at Target- Liberty of London. They have bright floral patterns just like Liberty. I mostly love that they only cost $5. That's my favorite kind of shoe- the cheap kind. Sometimes my feet suffer but I like to say I have feet of steel that can handle even the worst torture-device-shoes. Beauty hurts sometimes. It's a fact.

I'll try to write some bonus posts this weekend to make up for last week. Is there anything in particular you'd like to read about? As always, the best way to tell me is to leave a comment!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love the dress and the shoes are amazing. Both of them are totally my taste- I love boho. I think this is the first time I have seen you in that type of look

Renée T. Habashy said...

Beth- I think you are right. Boho is rarely very flattering on me, but this time it seems to have worked. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails