Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's Wedding Season!

There must have been about a million people getting married yesterday. It felt like the official beginning to the summer wedding season. I knew at least a dozen people who were attending a wedding yesterday, one of which was my roommate. We ran into each other at Target a couple of weeks ago and she was searching for a dress by Zac Posen. He recently did a diffusion line for Target. Anyway, she was waiting for this dress to go on sale 50% offf and as luck would have it, there was one left and it was her size. She debuted the dress at the wedding yesterday and I think she looked pretty A-MA-ZING:



Call me jealous, but I am craving this dress! It's so FIERCE! I love the brocade fabric, the metallic finish, the bow across the front, the silhouette, the zipper detail on the bodice- I love it all! And of course the fact that she got it on sale is even better. It's a perfect choice for a summer wedding for a lot of reasos. Nicely done, Meg!

Some of my other favorite pieces from the Zac Posen for Target line:



I love the ribbon detailing and the belt at the waist. SO fabulous. I personally do not have the legs to pull off the socks look that this model is sporting, but I would absolutely rock this dress in a heartbeat.


Again with the socks? Anyway, I think this dress is fabulous, too. Andrea and I were shopping right before I got my romper and she actually tried this dress on. It was complicated and confusing, but in the end she felt a different size would have been better. (Side note: it is MUCH longer in real life than it is on the model. Andrea is a few inches taller than me and the dress came all the way to her knees.) The strange thing was that it had no label, so we couldn't figure out where to find it in the store. She didn't end up getting it, but it's good to know that if she changes her mind about it soon, she can search online and actually know what to look for. What I love about it is the print. The fabric is a flowy poly-chiffon with a gorgeous print and a flattering cut. It's super fun. While neither of these last two picks would be ideal for a summer wedding, they are ideal for just about any other summer outing. And the best part about them is that they are all on sale now. I may have to hop on over to Target to see what treasures I can find on the sale racks!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails