Monday, May 17, 2010

A years worth of posts in 10 months...

This is my 365th post, but I started this blog on July 16th last year, which means I'm almost exactly two months ahead of schedule for my goal of 1 post per day. I have tried to make sure that if someone checks my blog every day or every couple of days, they'll almost always have something new to read. If you are a regular reader, I hope you have felt that way. When I started this blog, I really had no idea what type of structure it would have- it really has developed in a fairly organic manner. Most of the comments I've received have been positive, but not necessarily too specific, so I can only assume my readers are happy. Every now and then I'll get an interesting comment telling me to get a nose ring or chop my hair off. Those crack me up, but I'm never offended if someone doesn't like my personal style. I have no delusions of thinking everyone is going to love every outfit I wear or every fashion idea I have. I mostly hope to help women out there of all shapes, sizes and ages to dress their best. As a professional costume designer and personal wardrobe stylist, I have a lot of experience dressing many different types of bodies, and I love to pass my knowledge along to other women and men. I strongly believe in using appearance, particularly personal style, to stand out in a crowd and exude confidence and if I can help others succeed through their attire, then I'm happy.

Looking back at my posts, I've definitely found a few "themes" that seem to work for me, and they've almost turned into different series on the blog: Rate My Look, Bouchard Originals, Shoesday Tuesday, etc. I've tried to maintain a variety of posts- sometimes keeping it as simple as a photo of my outfit with a brief explanation, other times offering a detailed how-to with all sorts of examples for the reader to purchase. Personally, I like the variety, but I'm always curious as to what YOU would like to read about or see here. That's why I welcome comments- feedback is important to me, but please don't be offended if I don't take every suggestion to heart. After all, even though I want my readership to be happy, ultimately I need to keep the blog true to myself. I figure, as long as I'm inspired by my content, I'll enjoy writing the blog. So let's raise our glasses to the next 365 posts- I hope you'll stick with me for them!

2 comments:

Totally Inspired said...

Great Job! .. and I'll be around!

Beth said...

Congratulations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails