Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday- My first major Shoe Dazzle beef

You all know that a few months ago I tried out Shoe Dazzle, the "World's Premier Shoe Society" founded by Kim Kardashian. Read my posts here, here, here and here to find out more about the company and get up to speed on where I stand with the experience.

I've yet to purchase anything from the company. Instead, every month, I take a look at my 5 shoe selections in my "showroom" and then I ask for another set, mostly out of curiosity to see what type of shoes they have and what they pick for me. One thing I like about the company is that my inbox isn't flooded with constant emails about the shoes. I tend to get the first email saying, "Your showroom is ready!" followed by maybe 2 more before the month is out reminding me that I only have until the end of the month to purchase one of them.

Recently, I received an email from Shoe Dazzle telling me that they wanted to share with me "Kim's Pick" for spring. Here it is:

I freakin' love it. It's fabulous. Unfortunately (and here's where my beef comes in), it's not at ALL clear how I can purchase this shoe. It's not in my showroom for the month and there is no option on the website to "browse" their shoe collection. What is the point of sharing this fabulous shoe with me if it's not easy for me to point and click and have it whizzing through the air via UPS or FedEx or whoever to my doorstep? I'm not saying it's impossible to do- there may very well be a button on the site that I have overlooked, but my point is that it's like they've got this warehouse full of fabulous shoes and they occassionally show you a few, but they're not easy to buy!

Is it the fact that I haven't yet made a purchase with the company? Is there some extra set of web pages that are revealed after you've made the $39.99/month commitment? Because I'm not ready to do that!

Shoe Dazzle fans and members, please leave me a comment and tell me how you feel about this aspect of the company? Most people who have left comments on my Shoe Dazzle posts are members who are thrilled with the company. Or are they? Are they PR reps for Kim Kardashian scouring the internet for obscure references to her company in even more obscure blogs then leaving "I love Shoe Dazzle! They're fabulous!" comments on them? Seems like an awful lot of effort when they could simply add a "BROWSE" option to their website. Or maybe I'm getting paranoid. It's a tough call.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hilarious. And those shoes are fabulous. I hope you find a way to buy them!

Anonymous said...

i love your blogger...
xox0



http://styleandpleasure.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are gorgeous! I just bought them!! If you don't have these shoes in your showroom, just call up customer service (they call is Client Services - luv it) and you can buy the show over the phone - so incredibly easy. You can also just drop them an email. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ShoeDazzle.

Anonymous said...

Don't waste your time the shoes are very cheap & Kim doesn't even own the company, she is just the face of the company and pushes there product...

Related Posts with Thumbnails