Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Shoe Conundrum: The Sandal Bootie

Can someone please explain the sandal booties trend to me? I have to admit, I'm completely intrigued by them because they are some of the most bizarre-looking shoes I have ever encountered. Case in point:

Tahoe Bootie Sandal, Free People, $198

Is it a sandal? Is it a bootie? No, it's a strange hybrid of the two. I understand that sandals are worn because of their open-ness and boots are worn for their warmth and protection, so I can only surmise that function is NOT a factor in these shoes, but rather it is a visual statement ONLY. That being said, what do YOU think of this style? I have seen some women pull it off and look interesting and chic, and then others not so much. I think it is most successful when paired with a more bohemian style- like a flowy top and skinny jeans. I made a polyvore set of what I think would be a cool outfit with sandal booties:


 
Leave a comment and tell me what you think of this trend- I'm dying to know!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I wouldn't mind them but they are too "right now." I don't like trends that by the end of the summer will be soooo yesterday.

LuceBuona said...

Hahaha I must agree with Beth!!
I was wondering if this trend was so popular because guys find it attractive - of course I don´t... but then I heard some of them complaining about this too!
I simply don´t get it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails