Friday, May 28, 2010

My brain is not working today

Have you ever sat down to work on something and found that you just couldn't get your brain to be on the same page with your agenda? That's how I feel right now. I want to post a blog (because it really is a daily thing for me that I really enjoy doing) but I just can't seem to get my brain to work right now. I believe there are several reasons for this. First, it's been rather hectic at work the last few days. Second, I'm planning an event for this Sunday that I can't really talk about except to say that I have a lot of work to do. Third, I am going to see SATC2 tonight, so my brain is partially exploding from imagining all the fashions I'm going to see in a couple of hours. Add to that, I have injured my left hand, which is making typing this blog a LOT more difficult. I am a 100 words-per-minute kind of girl- I once worked for a temp agency where they tested your typing for speed and accuracy as if it was the 1950's. One day I tested myself just for fun and for real I scored 100 wpm with 99% accuracy. But enough bragging about that. Today it's more like 30 words per minute with 50% accuracy. You see, the other day I sprained my thumb while pulling a drawer out. It was positioned about 6 feet high and it slipped and came out all the way. My left hand caught it, but at the expense of my thumb. It's been painful ever since, but don't worry I have an appointment to get it checked out. In the meantime, it's wrapped up to the point where it's basically immobile and the other 4 fingers have dramatically diminished range of motion. It looks pathetic. I posted about it on facebook the day it happened and my friend Shawna commented that it's a serious injury that professional basketball players often endure. She even said it is serious enough for them to sit out for weeks with a sprained thumb. At that point in the commenting, I was getting a LOT of sympathy, so I felt I needed to set the record straight. I replied by saying that while my thumb certainly was injured, it couldn't possibly be nearly as bad an injury as a pro basketball player would have. In fact, my biggest hardship thus far was struggling to open a new bag of Chips Ahoy. I really expected that punchline to get at least a few "lol's" but it was like facebook had shut down for the night. Instead of a bunch of laughs, I got a virtual tumbleweed rolling across my computer screen. So do me a favor and leave me a comment telling me you lol'd at my Chips Ahoy quip. I'm fragile and like Tinkerbell (and Rachel Berry), applause keeps me alive. Or in this case, applause AND laughter.

So until my brain starts working again, you're stuck with this lame post. If you are a faithful reader, I'm sorry for letting you down. Until I'm back in the saddle, why don't you check out some archives- a few of my favorite posts in fact:

Inspiration- July 16, 2009
Top Ten for Men- July 21, 2009
Hot Air Balloon Dress- February 15, 2010
From Plain to Pin-up- April 11, 2010
Style Support- August 29, 2009

And finally because I just can't help myself, I'm going to copy Shoe Dazzle's idea and select four shoes- one for each of the SATC ladies- to finish off this completely random, disorganized, out-there post. I hope to be back on my game in a day or two.

Miranda: Fendi Cut-out Slingback, Barney's, $695


Charlotte: Dolce & Gabbana Floral Print Slide, Nordstrom, $495


Samantha- Giuseppe Zanotti Jeweled Back-Zip Sandal, Neiman Marcus, $1,055


Carrie (total cop-out, I know): Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes, Neiman Marcus, $645

Sue me for being unoriginal on that last one. Or applaud me for knowing my SATC inside and out. Either way, those Mary Janes were the obvious choice. Cross your fingers and hope that mu brain turns back on soon! In the meantime, I'm off to see the movie!

2 comments:

Astroman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

Sorry to hear about your thumb! (I know I'm a little behind the times- haven't been on a computer since Friday morning.) I love the Miranda shoes! And, of course, you can't go wrong with the MB Mary Janes for Carrie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails