Friday, May 7, 2010

It's opening night!

I love opening night of a show- I always sit in the audience and look at the people around me to see how they are enjoying the show. I love when I see smiles on their faces, or people singing along, or just excitement when they hear the first notes of a song they love. It's so different from all the dress rehearsals done for a nearly empty theatre and the energy is always charged. This show- Nashville City Limits- was a lot of fun for me to work on. I'd never done an all-country show before and I loved playing with the casual, laid-back vibe while also "blingin' it up" here and there. It was also fun to sort of create different moments and "looks" throughout the show that were a small tribute to that artists' style. If you live in the area and would like to see the show, it runs Thursdays through Saturdays, May 7th through June 19th. Visit AMT's website for ticket info. I promise you, this is a show you will love to see. I'm very proud to have been a part of it and I think it will be entertaining to anyone, not just country fans. To wet your appetite, here are a handful of photos from our last dress rehearsal:

This is one of my favorite costumes in the show, but you'll have to get a ticket to see the front (Trust me, it's fierce and worth the price of admission.)


This picture is from one of my favorite songs in the show- "Southern Voice" by Tim McGraw. 
 
This is our spectacular fiddle player- Erica. She's pretty incredible (incredible enough to upstage those boots, which is no small feat).

What Nashville-inspired show would be complete without some patriotic coyote-ugly-esque outfits?

Thanks for reading- I'm off to go get my hair done and get dressed for opening night! To all my NCL cast and band- BREAK A LEG!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yes Break a leg to everyone.

I love these costumes. The Coyote-ugly ones are GREAT!

my healthy twist said...

I hope opening night was spectacular!! Those photos are stunning, and the costumes look fabulous, great work!! Thanks for your question/comment on my last post! I answered your question below your comment!
xoxox, natalya

Related Posts with Thumbnails