Wednesday, April 21, 2010

UO Oxfords- Update with an outfit

BETH N.- this post is dedicated to YOU and your hatred of the oxford trend. (Don't you feel special- you've got a blog post dedicated just to you! XOXO)

If you follow my blog, you know that I'm obsessed with the oxford shoe trend and that yesterday I received my pair of Kimchi Blue cut-out oxfords from Urban Outfitters. I immediately snapped a few photos of them:
Even looking at them now, I'm just completely enamored of these shoes. As Rachel Zoe would say, I die. Last week sometime I wrote a post about the oxford trend- how pairing it with a feminine, flirty dress creates the perfect balance of masculine and feminine. Click here to be taken to that post. If you don't feel like clicking around the blog, have no fear for I have created a very similar outfit to the one featured in that post using (you guessed it) my new oxfords!

First of all, these are the most perfect oxfords EVER because they have a large cutout on the instep that helps minimize the masculinity. It also makes them a lot more summery. They are perfect, also, because they are nude, so even though they are trendy, they're still essentially an innocuous accessory. Since they are flats, I paired them with a dress that 1.) hits slightly ABOVE the knee and 2.) floats away from the body. In other words, a dress that accentuates my legs even without heels.

So, Beth, if you weren't convinced before that oxfords can be totally fabulous, what do you think now? Have I made a good case?

And finally, for your entertainment, the out-takes on this photo shoot. You can see I'm standing on some sort of concrete tunnel wall opening. Well, the camera was on a steep incline facing down toward the concrete structure. I set the timer and then slipped and skidded down the hill, hopped up onto the concrete and then stride to "strike a pose" before the timer ran out. It must have looked pretty hilarious to my neighbors!

Oops! Didn't quite make it in time!

This one's a great shot of the shoes, but I cut off my head zooming in too far! D'oh!
I got sick of slipping up and down the hill, so finally I switched locations to in front of this tree. It's not quite as pretty as yesterday's tree, but it'll do.

Have a great day everyone! And don't forget to leave up to three comments on the giveaway post to be entered to win a cool leather cuff!

3 comments:

Totally Inspired said...

NOPE.. sorry babes, Im not a fan of the oxfords either.. but I adore that dress!!! You look so cute!

Beth said...

I don't usually like oxfords but I like nude shoes so I may have to get these. they seem like they are perfect for the summer when you don't have time for a pedicure!

Beth said...

I'm remiss for not having commented sooner, especially since this polemical post is especially for me. : ) I agree with Totally Inspired and Beth-I don't mind the nude shoes you bought, but I'm just not into the oxford style. It's okay though; they can be your trademark!

Related Posts with Thumbnails