Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday- Shoe Dazzle's April selections

Earlier this month, I received the selections for my "April Showroom" from Shoe Dazzle. Last month I did not purchase any shoes from Shoe Dazzle. If you remember, I liked the second round of selections for my showroom, but none of them were "to-die-for" or absolute must-haves for me. Click here, here, here and here for my original Shoe Dazzle posts.

Anyway, here is my "April Showroom" from Shoe Dazzle:
Other than the black ankle boot, I think these are all great shoe selections for this time of year. I'm not interested in a dark ankle boot right now because spring is fast approaching and I'm mostly looking forward to bare legs and open toe shoes. The first option, a gladiator-style flat sandals is nice, but I've never really been into that style for myself. I may eventually buy a pair, since they are so popular right now, but in that event, I'll actually go to a store to try some on. I want to make sure that since it has so many leather straps criss-crossing around that I find a pair that will be the most flattering on my leg and foot. The black sling-back wedges are nice, but I already own a pair of black summer wedges and these would be a bit redundant for me. The silver heels are probably the shoes I'd be most likely to purchase if I were to select a shoe from this showroom. They're very different from anything I already own and that's actually what is drawing me to them. I tend to go with the same styles all the time, so these would be a nice departure for me. The brownish-red wedges are once again just a little too similar to shoes I already own and like I said before, the black booties are just too out of season for me.

I actually requested another set of shoes for a couple of reasons. First, I'm still in the experimental phase of my Shoe Dazzle membership. Until I make a purchase, I have all the time in the world to decide what shoes I want. Once a purchase is made, I'm suddenly bound by the "purchase by the 6th of the month" rule for every month moving forward. So while I'm still experimenting, why not see as many shoes as I can, right?

Just like last month, I had to answer a few more questions about what I'm looking for. In terms of color I said I'd like to see neutrals and bright colors (not metallics). In terms of heel height- I selected all three options- flats, mid-height and high heel. For which occassion, I selected "going out" the same as last time. In the comments section I wrote, "Fun and funky. For neutrals I would prefer a nude shoe rather than black or brown." Let's see what they come up with! I'll be sure to post an updated showroom as soon as I get it.

In the meantime, leave me a comment and tell me which of these shoes you like. Also, based on my experience, are you at all intrigues by Shoe Dazzle? Are you tempted to try them out? I'm curious as to how you feel about the whole concept.

6 comments:

Glam Girl said...

I love this collection!

Beth said...

I actually really like the ankle boots. Are they open toed? Is that why they are recommended for you for Spring?

Renée T. Habashy said...

They aren't open-toed which is why I'm a little baffled by the selection. It is spring, right? I guess in some parts of the country/world it's still cool enough to wear boots, but for me, I'm ready to move on! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I'm a member of ShoeDazzle and absolutely LOVE it. The selection you got was great - I really like the silver heels in your showroom. By the way, with the membership, you're not at all bound to purchase by the 6th, you can always press the "Skip this month" button and not buy anything and not be charged - absolutely no financial obligation at all!! I buy a ton of shoes from them, but occasionally do "skip the month" and am charged nothing!! LOVE ShoeDazzle!!

Renée T. Habashy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renée T. Habashy said...

I know about the "skip this month" option, but I guess what I would prefer is to have a little more time to make that choice. For example, I'd like to receive my showroom selections on the first, but have until the 15th to decide if I want to purchase, rather than the 6th. If you ask for a second showroom set of shoes, sometimes you can be close to that deadline of the 6th of the month, so you choose to skip or get stuck paying the fee and hoping to use it in the future. It's just a personal opinion. Overall I think the concept is great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails