Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday- Shoe clips

Remember these shoes I got for a super bargain last week?

I decided to wear them with my outfit today, but I spruced them up with a little accessory. That's right- I added an accessory to my accessory:


Here's my secret: the little baubles? They're vintage clip-on earrings! No joke! I've been thinking a lot lately about the vintage shoe-clip trend and how it needs to make a comeback. Unfortunately, most of the shoe clips I've found aren't to my liking. Then as I was browsing one of my favorite local vintage shops, a lightbulb went off in my head- clip-on earrings! They work perfectly and are often a lot daintier than true shoe clips. Today I wore them on the toe, but they look just as cute on the back or the side:


So what do you think of my (brilliant) idea? And because I know you're dying to see what goes with bauble-embellished pumps, here's my outfit:

Dress: Marshalls, $49.99
Shoes: Payless, $15
"Shoe Clips": Vintage, $6
Necklace: Forever 21, $7.80

This is one of my favorite dresses- it's so elegant, but bright and fun, not to mention super comfortable! And how fun is my photo shoot location today? I'm actually at the post office in this picture, next to the hitching post. As you all know, I currently live in the heart of Amish country, so there are always horses & buggies everywhere I go. Every parking lot at every store has a hitching post for the buggies and wagons. It's kind of hilarious, actually. I was lucky that this one happened to be empty at the exact moment when I wanted to take a picture. I guess it was my lucky day!

4 comments:

Beth said...

My mom introduced me to shoe clips when I was a tot. They are so cute.

sestinatim said...

I give this a solid A...the "shoe clips" are indeed brilliant. I would have had no idea if you hadn't told me, and these particular clips echo the necklace perfectly.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, Tim! I'm so flattered. It's funny that you brought up the clips and the necklace being a good match because EVERY time I wear that necklace, people ask me if I made it out of vintage beads. It really does look so vintage, but it's just a cheap necklace from Forever 21! ha!

Kendi Lea said...

That is the prettiest blue -- you look great in it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails