Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday- Redemption

Do you ever start your day off in a really foul mood for no good reason other than you're just not looking forward to what your day holds (or what you think your day holds)? That was me today. I woke up earlier than I like to in order to go to work to do the part of my job I enjoy the least. I started off the day with a bad attitude. I struggled with it all day, but in the end, I couldn't help but cheer up and here are my three reasons for why I just couldn't stay cranky. But first, my outfit today:
Jeans & t-shirt: Old Navy
Sneakers: Converse

Sometimes basic is best. It's funny because jeans and a white t-shirt actually feels kind of sexy. Well, until I layer on braids and a ball cap. The pink Converse help keep it light-hearted and girly at least. Anyway, it's not my best look, but it's comfy. After taking this photo I headed off to work where my bad mood was foiled.

Reason #1 I couldn't stay cranky: Midway through the day I ended up accompanying a few other coworkers to scout a location for a video shoot we're doing later in the week. While there, we discovered this tree:
That's my other boss, Matthew, clowning around for the camera. Isn't this tree GORGEOUS?!?! How can you NOT smile when you look at it? It's amazing!

Reason #2 I couldn't stay cranky: Ben & Jerry's Boston Cream Pie Ice Cream. Many of you may not know that I started blogging with a humble blog about ice cream. I'd say it's a bit of a passion of mine. I eat it year round and Ben & Jerry's is at the top of the list. To read my ice cream blog (which has strayed from just ice cream to include whatever I find delicious, click here.)
There is one way to describe this ice cream: life changing. After eating life-changing ice cream, how could I possibly stay cranky?

Reason #3 I could not stay cranky: New shoes! It is Shoesday Tuesday, so isn't appropriate that when I got home from work today my new Urban Outfitters cut-out oxfords were waiting? They are SO adorable! I love them!

I can't wait to wear them with one of my sundresses. What I like about these shoes is that they are barely there, much like a ballet flat, but they have the lace-up detail that makes them more oxford-esque without being masculine. The raised dots on the fabric are super cute and also help to keep them more feminine. That's the key with oxfords- you have to find a pair that is feminine and light enough that you don't look like you are actually wearing clunky chunky mens shoes.

So there you have it- the three reasons of the day why I could not possibly stay cranky. Is there anythng out there that just forces you to smile and be positive no matter how foul your mood? For me, it's obviously something pretty, something tasty and shoes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails