Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday- Oh the shame....

So the other night was a friend's birthday party. I got dressed for the event in one of my cute skirt/top combinations, threw on some heels, some accessories and headed out a little early, thinking I would run an errand or two before going to the party. Well, my mistake because apparently it was WINTER on this particular day and the second I stepped outside I practically froze in place. I hurried back inside, shivering and overreacting (which I frequently do). I abandoned the whole outfit and started over with a pair of tights- I know, I know, I've said before that once I'm liberated from tights and socks, I don't go back. Well, on this particular day, I just knew I was going to freeze my booty off if I didn't drastrically change my outfit. On top of the tights, I layered a pair of knee-high argyle socks, and (here's where the shame comes in) my F'Uggs. Normally I try to dress to the nines, especially when it's a special social event. I'm always in heels, or at least I try to be. And here I showed up to this event in ugly winter boots.

Every other girl (including my pregnant friend Shannon) showed up in super high heels. Oh, the shame. I was mortified, but I'll eventually get over it. If you look closely at the picture, you can even tell that I'm trying to stand on my tip-toes so that I'm  not dwarfed by the other girls around me. That huge gust of wind made me so cold that all I wanted to do was curl up in a blanket, so comfy, warm clothes was the best alternative (not to mention slightly more socially acceptable).

On another shoe-related note, Andrea, standing to my right is standing in such a way that she is really showing off her fabulous new Coach heels- the ones I mentioned in this post. Aren't they FIERCE? I know "fierce" is so over-used these days, but I have to say that these shoes totally warrant the use of it. 

Finally, don't forget to visit yesterday's post and leave a comment to be entered in the GIVEAWAY! Click here to be taken to that post.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails