Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend. Mine was actually quite eventful and I have several outfits to show you. First up, my church attire for Easter Sunday morning. I've always admired the women who can wear a big ol' hat to church and look fabulous doing it. I have always wanted to wear one. I didn't actually wear the hat to church- but I did enjoy snapping some pictures with it before heading out to service.
Dress: Target, $12.98
Shoes: Kenneth Cole, $14.98
Hat: Nine West, $19.99
Sunglasses: Michael Kors, gift
Flower pin: Ann Taylor Loft, $3
Belt: I have NO idea!

After snapping these and many more unsuccessful photos with my camera perched on top of the neighborhood mailbox, I decided to stop being such a cheapskate and after church I bought myself a tripod. Later that afternoon, I put on my fun green floral dress and decided to head out around the neighborhood to practice taking pictures. It was supposed to be just for fun and to start to better understand my camera and lighting and whatnot. I did learn a lot, but not about what you might think. You see, as soon as I stepped outside my apartment with nothing but the clothes on my back and my tripod-mounted camera, I realized I'd just shut the LOCKED door behind me. Yup. Easter Sunday early evening and I was completely locked out. What a loser I am, right? After about an hour and a half, I was back in my apartment, safe and sound, but it was definitely an adventure. An adventure in stupidity, that is. Anyway, here are a couple of the "practice" shots I took, including one with me sitting on my front stoop, waiting...

Dress: ME!
Shoes: Sofft via Marshalls, $29.99
Ring: Festoon, $40



I forgot to take a good shot of my shoes- these are a perfect example of a nude shoe. They're wedges, so they're more comfortable than heels, but the nude aspect is really what's key. Don't worry, there will be many more opportunities this summer for me to photograph them. Anyway, I had fun playing with my camera, but hopefully the next time I try to practice playing photographer, I'll remember to bring my keys, or my phone, or a credit card or something useful to a person locked out of her home.

The next day (Monday) was the most beautiful day we've had in a while and I ended up going kayaking on the Susquehanna River with my friend Mindy. I will only be showing you one picture of my outfit from that adventure:


Sorry friends, no photos in my bathing suit will be on the internet anytime soon. The water was freezing, but the sun was hot, so it was a great afternoon out on the river. I got quite a bit of sun, but hopefully I'll get to build on it even more in the coming weeks and hopefully be able to get my skin from pasty-white to a nice healthy glowing tan.

Today I'm headed back to work after this fabulous long weekend. It's going to be another unseasonably warm  day here in PA, so I hope I've dressed appropriately. It was raining and thundering earlier this morning, but now the sun is shining and I hope it stays that way for the rest of the day. I decided to look a little "French" today. By the way, these photos were all taken using my new tripod. I think I did pretty well!

Dress: Old Navy, $8.79
Hat: Target, $1.50 (No joke!)
Flower pin: Ann Taylor Loft, $3
Earrings: Aldo, I think
Shoes: Deb Shops, I forget how much
Ring: Gift


I got caught adjusting my hat in this one! Gotta be more careful with that self-timer!

I think the black and white stripes along with the red flower and the cute hat all make this outfit very Parisian. Or at least that's my intent.

Well, I think that's enough photos for today. It's Shoesday Tuesday, so I'll try to post again this evening. I got my April shoe selections from Shoe Dazzle, so I want to share them with you. Check back soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails