Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Accessories Anonymous: Bibs aren't just for babies, you know!

The bib necklace trend is so hot right now- you can walk into literally any store and find several to choose from. I personally own a couple and I love them. Mine are beaded and can be seen here and here. My favorite one is the first one- the pearls and beads. It's so vintage-y looking. Nearly every time I wear that necklace, people ask me one of two questions. Either they ask, "Is that vintage?" Or they ask, "Did you make that with vintage beads?" I'm not a very talented jewelry-maker, so I usually laugh at the latter question. With the former, I lean in and whisper, "No, I bought it for seven dollars at Forever 21." I wish I could say it was a fabulous vintage find, but I'd be lying. Anyway, I digresss... back to topic.

The name "bib" refers to the shape of the necklace, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be a solid piece. Loose beadwork or dangling fringe in that same shape qualify as bibs, too. So find the one that works best for you and go for it! I found these three on Etsy and fell in lov with each one. They are the solid piece style, but Etsy is chock full of all sorts of styles of bib necklaces. Just start browsing and I'm sure you'll find one you love. Anyway, here are my three favorites:

Button Bib Necklace, LandAndLaboratory, $15


Vintage Pin Bib Necklace, myfaunaflora, $96


Poppies Bib Necklace, RomanticCollection, $25

I think my favorite is the poppies one, just because I love poppies, but they are all fabulous. The one made with vintage pins is especially fun to me because you know it's one-of-a-kind. Something that unique is always really special to have.

What do you think of the bib necklace trend? Do you love it? Do you have one? Leave a comment and tell me all about it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails