Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sneak Peek


Remember this post from earlier this week all about the fabrics I bought in the city last weekend? And remember how I said if I put it out there that I'm buying these fabrics and notions to make certain things, then I might actually get up off my butt and do it? Well, I did it. I made ONE of the many things I have planned to make, but that's not bad- it's not like these things only take five minutes- they take time, y'all! Until I use this specific piece in an outfit, I'm not going to show you the whole thing. Instead, here are a few "sneak peeks" of the finished product.

I am completely in LOVE with this color combination- I just adore how the bright sunshine yellow sateen peeks through the sophisticated grey eyelet. I cannot wait to wear this!
I tend to be a pretty sloppy seamstress, particularly where the inside of my garments are concerned, but this one came out so great- inside AND outside, that I had to share both!

At $25 per yard, the eyelet was quite expensive- more than double what I typically pay for fabric. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate! Anyway, since it cost so much I forced myself to work with just one yard of it. The yellow fabric was an additional $8, but once again, I only used a single yard of it. I think when you see the final product, you'll never have guessed it was just a single yard of fabric. I got a lot of "bang" for my 32 bucks.

Hopefully the weather will improve quickly and you'll get to see me in this soon. If not, I promise I'll take a picture of it just so you can see what it is and how it looks. I think you'll like it. I'm thrilled with it. I'm always amazed when what's in my head translates EXACTLY in real life. I used to not be so good at that, but lately I've gotten a lot better. The red dress I made a few months ago is another example of a great translation from my head to my body. We'll see how the rest of my fabrics turn into wearable things in the near future, I hope! Check back soon to see!

3 comments:

K said...

Looks pretty! It's a great color combo.

Beth said...

THIS IS SO EXCITING. I feel like I am watching a more suspenseful version of Project Runway...Can't wait to see what you do.

Beth

Renée T. Habashy said...

Beth, I hope you are not disappointed- it's far from the artful creations they make on Project Runway. Mostly I'm just happy that a single yard of fabric was enough to do what I wanted! Thanks for reading!

- Renee :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails