Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday shopping booty

I started to type out a blog documenting all of my purchases over the weekend and realized it would be unreasonable to publish it. I wanted to make sure I told you where I got everything, how much it cost, whether or not it was a bargain, etc. As I did this, I realized it would take you all about an hour to read this one blog post. So I deleted it. And instead I'm going to show you what's relevant only to Shoesday Tuesday, and then in subsequent posts, I'll cover pretty much everything else. Here's what I came home with after my 3 1/2 days in the city:


To break it down, there's fabric & notions...

... accessories...

...clothes...

... and even some reading material.
(Ok, the reading material was all gifts from friends. They gave me Patti Stanger's Become Your Own Matchmaker and Samantha Scholfield's Screw Cupid: The Sassy Girl's Guide to Picking Up Hot Guys. What do you think my friends are trying to tell me?)

I'm sure you understand now why I'll be focusing only on a few items. Otherwise, you'd be here all day! So, since it's Shoesday Tuesday, I present to you the two pair of shoes I brought home from the city this weekend. First, these gorgeous floral pumps that I found at Daffy's for $26.99:


These shoes could not more ME. I can't wait until it's a little warmer and I can wear them out! Next up, Christian Siriano for Payless:


Admittedly, I wanted these mostly because they're a tiny little piece of Christian Siriano and since I'll likely never be able to wear his clothes (for financial and physical reasons), I absolutely MUST wear his shoes. (I'm sorry the picture is so blurry. I really must figure out how to take better pictures.) Just trust me when I tell you that these shoes are fierce, just like Christian. I adore them. They are probably among the most tame of the shoes in his Payless line, but that suits me just fine.

So there you have it- the two pair of shoes I brought home from NYC. I'm quite happy with my selections. What do you think of them? Leave a comment! And check back later this week for more on my NYC shopping purchases. You won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

K said...

Those floral shoes are adorable!!

Morning Cloak said...

Wow I wasn't super impressed with Christian Siriano's collection for Payless until now! Those ocean pumps are awesome, and the price makes them even better.

Lovely blog :)

Beth said...

I was fine with not going to Daffy's until seeing those floral shoes. Now I'm jealous. Sigh. We need a Daffy's in Boston.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Beth, there's a Daffy's in Philly. It's not quite so large as the one in Herald Square, or even the one in SoHo, but it's a Daffy's none-the-less. So next time you're down this way, we'll hit it. I promise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails