Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rate My Look- Outfits with my shopping booty

Once I buy or make something new for myself, I can't wait to wear it- I have to put together an outfit ASAP. SO, here are my looks from Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively:

The first outfit (Tuesday) was pretty simple- I took a dress I wear pretty often because it's so comfortable, and layered my new Tulle jacket on top. I accessorized with grey tights, my flat, black boots, my new brown headband and some fun chartreuse earrigs and button ring. Basically, the only new pieces were the jacket and headband. I ran around town all day in this. I had a bunch of errands to deal with and it was a perfect outfit for the day.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I wanted to glam it up a little more, so I put my new Brooklyn Industries skirt together with my new satin top and my new Christian Siriano for Payless shoes. I made the outfit a little more funky with the addition of the teal tights. It actually made for a someone monochromatic look with my shoes and tights. I finished the look with a necklace from Forever 21 and went off to work. First thing in the morning, I got two remarsk from women at work about how I looked like a French maid. At first I was a tad insulted, until the men at work said to me, "It's not a bad thing." Anyway, it's funny that was the reaction I got because when I was in the store trying on the skirt, I had a black jacket on, too and Beth said that it looked kind of like a uniform. I figured the soft, satin top helped get rid of that feel (not to mention the teal tights and ocean blue shoes), but I guess I figured wrong. I felt great in this outfit all day, despite the "Can you get my room next, Miss?" and "Housekeeping?" remarks that I dealt with all day.

So what do you think of my two looks? Leave a comment- you know how I love them! Or maybe you don't know how much I love them. So let me tell you: I LOVE COMMENTS! You know you want to leave on, so go on and do it! Then click around the blog- check out the archived posts and leave some more comments! It will make my day and don't you want to make my day? Of course you do!

Have a fabulous day, everyone!

5 comments:

Tina Tarnoff said...

I think both outfits look great! I love the Tulle jacket and I think that the second outfit is very creative. I didn't think at all French maid when I saw it. The first thing I noticed were the teal tights as I love teal color and I love when people jazz up the outfit with color tights.

Beth said...

I love the first look (from Tuesday). What a super way to use that jacket and transform a dress that you already own.

I really like what you've done with the white skirt and blouse for Wednesday's look. It definitely does not strike me as French maid (that would be like saying every black and white look is automatically French maid, which makes no sense). Here's the thing, though: I don't love the tights. I think with the tights, the look chops you into three pieces (not overwhelmingly so, just a bit). If you were going for a more neutral tight, what would you wear? Black? Would you wear this with no hosiery?

Beth said...

I love the first look. I think it looks so sophisticated but the teal adds a little whimsy.

Beth

refashionrecyclereuse.blogspot.com

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Beth #1- I see what you are saying about the tights, but in my humble opinion, the high waistline of the skirt helps to elongate my leg line. Regardless of the color of my legs, you would probably feel similarly since the colorblocking on the hemline of the skirt tends to create a strong horizontal statement. If you wanted to get rid of the colorful tights, I'd recommend nude legs or black tights for something neutral.

LuceBuona said...

Ohhh that skirt is gorgeous! Love the way you match it with the satin top and necklace... and I don´t find it like a uniform, I find it very cute actually ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails