Saturday, March 27, 2010

KOP Shopping, etc.

I'm excited to tell all of you about my weekend because so far it has been pretty fabulous. Last night, my good friend Amy had a gig singing her signature jazz stylings at a hotel/bar downtown. My other friend Michelle and I got all prettied up and went to listen to her. It was a great time and I must say we looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself:
I wore my favorite LBD (the one that was featured in this post not too long ago). I layered on some fun necklaces and also sported my Christian Siriano for Payless super hot heels:


I wish I had a good picture of the whole outfit. Andrea (another friend and also my boss) referred to the outfit as my "husband grabbing" outfit. By that she means it'll be the outfit I wear when I find me a great man, not that I'll be grabbing anyone's husband. It's her way of saying I looked good, so I wish I had made a point of getting a picture. Oh, well. Between the previous post and the shoe picture, I'm sure you can put it all together in your head!

Today was another great day- I went to the King of Prussia Mall with Andrea and we shopped our butts off! I have already given her fair warning that the AMAZING Coach shoes she bought need to be on the blog ASAP. So Andrea, if you're reading, get an outfit together!

We LOVE the KOP mall because there are so many amazingly beautiful things- we don't have a Nordstrom or a Bloomingdales or a Lord & Taylor here in Lancaster, PA, so when we go to KOP and have all these high end stores right at our fingertips, it's hard to control ourselves! We also like to stop in at Tiffany's or Cartier and visit some pretty diamonds. It's the ultimate girly experience. Of course we always finish off the day at the Cheesecake Factory completely stuffing our faces full of delicious food and drinks. Who could ask for anything more?

While out shopping, we tried on about a million different pair of shoes including these FIERCE cut-out boots at Nordstrom (please ignore my rolled up jeans):


What caught my eye initially was the fact that these were cloth cut-out booties- perfect for spring/sumer, but I could totally layer tights under them in fall or winter, too. What made me want to try them on was the fact that there is LITERALLY a pillow inside the shoe. I'm not kidding- the insole of these booties has about a half inch of super soft padding which makes it feel like you are literally walking on a pillow. In case I've never mentioned it before, I'm perfectly willing to suffer for a fierce pair of shoes, but I secretly wish that every shoe I own feels like I'm wearing the plushest slipper ever made. These shoes are basically what I wish for every shoe in my closet. They were SO comfortable! At $130 (plus tax), I'm afraid they were quite a bit out of my budget range, especially for such a trendy item, but if I had unlimited resources, they'd have been mine! If you dig 'em and can afford 'em, but don't have a Nordstrom nearby, you can buy a wedge version of the bootie online here.

Another pair of shoes I lusted after was this flat oxford at Bloomingdales:


I DIE for these shoes. They cost $130, but I seriously considered splurging on them because they were THAT beautiful and THAT comfortable. They were even more comfortable in black:


I am happy to take donations from anyone who wants to contribute to my cut-out oxford need. And what a desperate need it is! The black version was so soft and supple. The tan was not quite as soft as the back, but they still felt amazing on my feet. And even more amazing in terms of both style and comfort were these two-tone spectator oxfords:

I'm obsessed with these oxfords. First of all, they are designed by Bloch, which is a dance shoe company. So you know they're going to be the MOST comfortable shoe youll ever own. Who buys uncomfortable shoes to dance in? Nobody, that's who! I think it's brilliant for a dance company to manufacture shoes for the masses- function, comfort and style all coming together at last!

I ended up getting NOTHNG the entire day. But sometimes that's a good thing. I feel pretty good about the fact that I didn't buy anything other than my dinner today. Well, now I'm starting to get sleepy to the point where I fall asleep at the computer, so I think I'll call it a night and publish this rambling post. Have a great night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails