Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring and Film Fashion Found!

I have a couple more "Bouche Originals" to show you all, but when it came time to get my act together and take some pictures, I was faced with a difficult decision.

Option #1: Take out the camera, put on the clothes and snap the photos.
Option #2: Drive to Rita's Italian Ice for the annual free water ice, then sit and eat it.

Based on the fact that this post shows no photos of new Bouche Originals, I think you know which one I went for.

I'm now sitting on the couch, watching "The Devil Wears Prada" and feeling good about my choice. And the movie has reminded me of a website my BFF told me about a while ago. Film Fashion Found is a site dedicated to telling you who designed the amazing clothes in movies such as The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City, Twilight, 27 Dresses and many, many others (even including classics like Breakfast at Tiffany's) and showing you how to recreate your favorites looks from those movies. They also offer examples of clothes currently available by the designers featured in the various movies. It's a fabuous way to spend an afternoon, especially if you're looking for a some great fashion inspiration.

On another note- don't you just LOVE the character of Miranda Priestly? I love so much about her- the way she dismisses her staff by saying oh-so-quietly, "That's all" and how she tosses her coats onto the desk when she walks into the office and of course her clothes! But I digress...

When you have a moment, check out the website above and then leave me a comment to tell me what you think about it! And check back soon for pictures of my latest creations. I swear, I'm not going to have to shop at all for spring and summer this year- I've got so many "new" dresses and skirts that (mostly) cost a fraction of what I would have paid in a store and what makes them even better is that they're all one of a kind. I have a lot of fun making them, too. You're all probably sick of looking at the same silhouette over and over again, but when I find something that works for me, I stick with it! Until then, enjoy these gorgeous treasures that are just as fabulous as the pieces seen on Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada or on Sarah Jessica Parker in the Sex and the City Movie (all available via Saks Fifth Avenue):







Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

Alexia said...

I popped over from....ummmm...I can't remember what site I was just on! LOL Anyways, that Film Fashion Found site it AMAZING! Thanks for posting it! I love how they link right to comparable (more reasonably priced) items.

Related Posts with Thumbnails