Saturday, January 16, 2010

Accessories Anonymous: Ten Thousand Villages

Today I realized how thrilled I am to have chosen to dedicate the topic of my blog to fashion and style because there truly is an endless supply of things to write about. Sometimes it's hard to choose one idea and really focus on it because my mind is bursting with lots of other equally fabulous ideas. In addition, fashion is an ever-changing art form, so no matter how long I continue to blog, I will always have a constant stream of topics to inspire me (and you)!

Today is also a gorgeous day outside- it's unseasonably warm (AGAIN!) and I took the opportunity to take a walk across the street to the outlets, specifically the Pepperidge Farm Outlet Store. (I was on the hunt for Parmesan Goldfish crackers for my friend Mindy as well as Crispy Dark Chocolate Nantucket cookies for myself.) A few doors down is a Ten Thousand Villages shop so I popped in for a moment. For those of you unfamiliar with Ten Thousand Villages, they are a non-profit fair-trade organization who works with un-employed and under-employed artisans in third world countries. Their goal is to provide fair income to these artisans that in turn will provide them with food, shelter, education, etc. There is more information on their website. Anyway, while I was there, I found the coolest pair of earrings on sale for $5. They are hot pink and really fun. I know I'm supposed to be mixing up my current collection as opposed to buying new things, but I couldn't resist these:



So now for the big mystery: What do you think these are made of? I don't think you'll ever be able to guess because I certainly had NO idea and when the saleslady told me, I was shocked. Leave a comment if you want to take a guess, or if you know the answer. I promise I'll reveal the answer in a couple of days, but for now, why don't you venture a guess? What do you think these could possibly be made with?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails