Sunday, December 13, 2009

Summer clothes in winter

The title is this probably implies that we had ANOTHER warm day here in PA, but that is not my intent. It's been pretty cold around here, actually. It's almost a requirement to layer your clothes in weather like this, but it can get boring throwing a cardigan on top of every outfit. I like to layer on thin pieces so I don't feel too bulky and summer clothes are perfect for that!

Cowl neck: Fair Indigo, $22
Jeans: Old Navy, $19
Crochet top: Marshalls, cheap but I can't remember the exact price
Necklaces: Aldo and H&M, free and a gift, respectively
Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory, $14.99

In this outfit, I've layered a summer crochet top over a long sleeve cowl neck. I'm not one to rotate my closet with the seasons. I keep everything out all the time and that way I'm never limited by what I deem to be "seasonal" pieces. I treat summer sun-dresses like jumpers, layering turtlenecks and tights underneath them. I wear thick tights underneath a pair of walking shorts or capris to "winterize" them. Throwing in light-weight, brightly colored summer pieces keeps winter outfits from feeling too heavy. Go through your closet and I'm sure you'll find lots of summer pieces perfect for layering together with winter pieces to make great cold-weather outfits. You'll probably create new outfits you never even knew you had! If you want to send me a picture of an outfit you made using this trick, I'll post it on the blog!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails