Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rate My Look- indoor & outdoor

Here's another indoor/outdoor set of looks for you guys and gals. You know that's why I love winter- 2 completely different outfits in one day! First, the indoor:


Dress: Walmart, $18
Shoes: BCF, $19.99
Necklace: H&M $8 or $9- I forget the exact amount
Tights: Target, $6

And in case I get chilly at work, I can always layer on my favorite black cardigan:



And now for the outdoor look:



Coat: BCF, too long ago to know what it cost
Hat: Also BCF, $6.99
Brooch: Once again, too long ago to know what it cost

In this option, I put the brooch on the hat instead for a different look:



It's a tough call with this hat. I think there's a fine line between Dr. Zhivago and Dr. Seuss. I hope this one errs on the Dr. Zhivago side.




Personally, I prefer the hat with the brooch on it as opposed to the coat. What do you think? Is it ridiculous? Or perfectly appropriate for this time of year? I like it.

3 comments:

f8hasit said...

I adore the hat with the brooch on it! Fact is, I have a similar hat that i bought while in Russia, I'm going to dig it out and do my own Dr. Zhivago. While I'm at it, I'm going to re-watch Dr. Zhivago.

I'll need some more tissues though, I'll go to wal-mart and buy some. And while I'm there I'll buy that adorable dress aa well.
:-)

Love ALL these looks. Double thumbs up!
(Oh... and I forgot what magazine it was in, but they were pinning brooches on the side of fabric knee high boots for a extra sparkle for night. Great idea!)

Beth said...

That green dress is fab! What a great way to do a dress in winter.

Renee T. Bouchard said...

You ladies are so sweet- thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails